Skip to main content

I'm back :-)

Hello there everyone, Happy Friday to you.  I'm back after a longer than planned break over the summer, and ready to get designing again. Oli is now settled in his new house with the lovely Sophie and Harry is back down in Cheltenham ready for year two at Uni and sharing a house with five other guys this year.  There's an empty feeling about the house now they've both gone so I've been having a move around and decorating.  Thank you to everyone who messaged me wondering how I was while I've been AWOL.  I'm fine :-).
My Creative Spirit Workroom
The workroom is now finished all but the odd shelf or two - you can never have enough of those can you.  I'm loving having a dedicated space to create in and one to craft with friends in too.  
It took a lot of planning, measuring, remeasuring, oodles of coats of paint to change it from a red room to it's new Duck Egg blue colour and over ten or more trips to Ikea to complete but all the hard work was definitely worth it.  Thank goodness the shop is only ten minutes away, and to a star of a son for all his help.  
If you're thinking of creating a similar space yourself here's a list of the products I put into mine. 
IKEA 
Billy Bookcase + additional top shelf
Kallax Units Two 2 x 4, Two 1 x 4 two 1 x 2 and one 2 x 2
Alex Six drawer Unit 
Micke Desk Drawers
Gnedby x 1 (great for storing Bigz dies) 
Bekant Desk Top 
Alvaret desk legs x 4
Lennart x 1 (great for additional work surface and storage)
Boxes 
Tjena - large and small
Lekman for the Kallax Units 
Drona x 3 for the Kallax Units 
Fjalla boxes & file holders - perfect on the Bily Bookcase
Noticeboard 
Skadis 76cm x 56cm & 56cm x 36cm
Clips, containers, containers with lids, hooks, letter holder, shelf, roll holder
Desk Fan with clamp 
£6.00 from Dunelm - perfect for those tropical moments lol!!! 
Camera Arm/support for the wall 
Manfrotto 244
My Creative Spirit Workroom 2

It's not a big room but the ceiling height is nearly 2.5 meters.  I've got a set of steps so I can reach things on the high shelves ....  
Another essential was a Dymo label printer - I had great fun labelling all the storage boxes and now I can find exactly what I'm after when I need it........
I have been out and about over the summer.  the first workshop was up in Glasgow.  What a fab time we had.  Mandie, Fiona and Gai thanks for all your organising and ladies for joining me.  Look forward to seeing you all again in Feb 2018


Then we headed off to the Motor Cycle Museum for a craft Fair.  Thanks to everyone who called by our stand at the Motor Cycle Museum earlier this month, and a huge thank you to Sarah and Cathy for all their help too.

and last week I headed down to Bedfordshire to host a Master Detective workshop at Country View Crafts.  Thank you Sue for inviting me down and ladies for joining me for a really great day. Here's a few pics: 
 
 Sue and her daughter Claire were up early making cakes for us in the cutest G45 tea cups; what a great idea.  The die was by Brenda Walton. 
  
Look forward to seeing you all at my next workshop at Country View Crafts at the end of November. 
My Craft Maid came in useful today, keeping all the papers and card to hand and off my desk while I worked on a new G45 project.  Love all the new collections and will be sharing some creative ideas with you using them over the next week or so.  
Well my crafty friends, its great to have caught up.  I hope you've enjoyed yourselves over the past month or so and look forward to catching up again shortly :-) Cx

Comments

  1. Well let me be the first to say Welcome Back!!! I have so missed you, your blogs, and your videos!!! Wow what a huge class you had and isn't that wonderful!! Love all the projects the ladies did, they look like they had such a wonderful time!!! You are a very inspiring person Clare. The little tea cups with cupcakes in them are adorable, where was the die from? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, thank you for calling by. a great time had by all at the workshops :-) Arn't the tea cups adorable. I think the die is discontinued but it was by Brenda Walton - it may be available via this link. https://www.sizzix.com/658351/sizzix-bigz-l-die-tea-cup-3-d. Enjoy your day and speak soon :-) X

      Delete
  2. P.S. Love your new room too, the color is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new craft space, my fav colour too. My friends had a fab day in Glasgow and I look forward to joining you there in Feb 2018.
    Hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi, thanks for calling by. It would be great to see you at the next workshop north of the border :-) Have a fun Sunday and a great week. :-) Cx

      Delete
  4. WOW! Sue you have been busy, loving all the storage in your craft room .
    The ladies have done some beautiful projects .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, lovely to hear from you. I'm loving the storage too. It's making my life a whole lot easier lol!!! I'm making sure everything goes back where it belongs too lol!!! Have a fun Sunday and a great week. :-) Cx

      Delete
  5. Ahh so glad you're back, the room looks amazing, Happy Crafting! Judy, I think I bought the tea cup die from CountryView Crafts, Tracey X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Tracey, will have to see if I can find it. Lovely of you to give me the info!! Have a great crafting day!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Tracey, thanks for calling by. Have been wondering how the interview went. Hope all worked out in your favour. Have a fun Sunday and a great week. Speak soon :-) Cx

      Delete
  6. Love your craft room - it's awesome! How lovely you can craft with friends there too! It looks like you have been having a wonderful time - fab piccies and I love those tea cups for the cup cakes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, thanks for calling by. Great to hear you like my little room. I've decided to hang up the tea cups up on my mobile. They 're just too cute. Have a fun Sunday and a great week :-) Cx

      Delete
  7. Hi Clare, Welcome back, we've missed you !! Boy have you been busy or what !! your craft room looks stunning, I'm loving all your organisation, it has been hard work but well worth it. So glad you have been having a great Summer, but good to see you back.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Patricia, thanks for calling by. Great to hear you like my room. It's made such a difference here. The house looks like a house again rather than box city lol!!!!! Definitely worth the work. Hope alls well with you. Enjoy your services today and have a good week :-) Cx

      Delete
  8. Hi Clare, great to see you back & missed your blogs. Your craft room

    looks wonderful & hope you had a little rest time too. We've been here 5 weeks & enjoying everything as usual. Look forwar to seeing you in November. Bev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, thanks for calling by. Great to hear you've arrived in the UK. Hope your enjoying the cool weather. looking forward to seeing you too. will be in touch via e mail shortly with more info on our event. Have a great Sunday and a fun week. :-) Cx

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September - Kit of the Month

Morning everyone, I'm really excited to be sharing our latest Kit of the Month with you today.  New for September this little Flip Flap album and its co ordinating case has been altered in papers from the Blue Stars collection by Stamperia.  There's a subtle festive feel to the papers and gorgeous whimsical fairies and cut outs adorn the pages. The kit comes with printed instructions and all the elements needed to make up the box, album covers and decorate the pages.  Here's a few more pics of the project.   Take a peek at the full project in the video below:  For more info on what's included in the kit, delivery T  C's and to place your pre-order for this limited stock kit follow the link below:  September Kit of the Month  Thanks for calling by, have a fun filled day and look forward to catching up again wiht our August Giveaway on 4th :-) C

Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Blog Hop

Hi every one  We've got another fun blog hop this week running from 17th -21st December with Graphic 45 and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.  As always there's an amazing give away on offer so don't forget to leave a comment to be in with a change to win the following:  A Place in Time 12 x 12 paper pad both sets of co-ordinating Place in Time chipboard die-cuts both sets of Place in Time stickers Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Keys Graphic 45 chipboard buttons 3 packs of scrapbook adhesive 3D foam squares  and  a Scrapbook Adhesive MyStik. WOW!!!! Graphic 45 Place in Time Giveaway Prize  For info here's a little more info on Scrapbook Adhesives:  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L(r) has been delivering high quality adhesives to the craft industry for 10 years.  They focus on a complete line of rigorously tested and approved adhesives that are safe for all of your crafts.  Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L offer a range of products from high dimension 3D foam to s

What a week!

IndigoBlu Tags  Happy Friday everyone If your a follower of mine you 'll know that I've been off work for a while following an op, but my life as a lady of leisure came to an end this week when I returned to the world of totally british beautiful fast fast cars and ones that go anywhere!!  I had a wonderful welcome back from my colleagues so thanks to everyone for making my first day as good as it was.  I thought I'd feel like the new girl, not able to remember anything, but just like riding a bike it all came flooding back :-) Now I feel like I've not been away lol!!!    I cant deny I'm not pleased its the weekend and I've got time to re charge my batteries before attempting another 5 days on the trot :-)  As I've just joined the IndigoBlu team official this week I thought I'd share a couple of tags with you made with stamps from the  Pomp and Pageantry and Grand Tour 1 plates and the ledger background which I really love.  Tag 1 IndigoBlu